Disclosure: Tech Daily is reader-supported. If you click-through, make a purchase or sign up for a service through our links, we may earn a commission or fee (at no cost to you). Learn more.
Crave TV is a Canadian hybrid subscription service providing on-demand content as well as original content and access to network programming. Crave is a fantastic streaming service.
However, if you’ve signed up for too many subscriptions and decide you need to cut out a few and Crave TV is one of the ones to go, we’ve compiled a guide explaining just how to cancel the service.
Keep reading if you no longer want to pay for Crave and do not know how to cancel the subscription.
Steps To Cancel Crave TV
Crave TV is billed monthly, and because of that, when you cancel your subscription, you will pay for the service through the end date of your next bill cycle.
This means if you pay on the 15th of each month and you cancel on March 30th, you will have access to Crave TV until April 15th. Once it is April 16th, you will no longer be charged, and you will not be able to watch any content on Crave TV.
So, how exactly do you cancel this service? There are a few methods to go about canceling depending on how you watch.
Cancel On The Website
- Visit the Crave website on a device such as a laptop, phone, or tablet and type in https://www.crave.ca/en.
- Once the home page loads, you will see a slew of options in the top bar, including TV Shows, Movies, and My Cravings on the left side, and on the right side, you will see a magnifying glass as the search bar, a blue subscribe button, and a button to sign in.
- When you create your Crave account, you have to sign in with a username and a password. Click on the sign-in box and input those said credentials. Push ‘continue’ below the password box.
- Once the home screen loads, you will be directed to your home page with all of your favorites and suggested shows and movies.
- Before you log in, you see an icon with a drop-down menu for your profile. Once you log in, an icon with your profile picture and information has a drop-down menu. It is in the top right corner of the screen, right next to the magnifying glass/ search icon.
- Hover over your profile icon until the drop-down menu appears. Scroll past the ‘Edit Profile, Add Profile, and Switch Profile’ options to the fourth option, ‘Manage Account.’ It has a square icon with an arrow pointed diagonally to the right.
- Once you click on the ‘Manage Account’ button, a new screen pops up, listing your account, profiles, subscription, payment, and settings on the left side of the screen. All of those options have a gray background and are listed in white text. Click on the third option from the top, ‘subscriptions.’
- That button opens another tab listing all of your active subscriptions and what you pay for each of them.
- Right above the box that lists the plan you wish to cancel is large gray font reading ‘subscription details.’ On the right side of that font is red text reading, ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- Click the cancel subscription button.
- Of course, as most servers do, Crave TV will not allow you to cancel until you confirm you really want to cancel the service, at least twice.
- Once you click ‘cancel the subscription,’ Crave prompts you to another screen that has a yellow exclamation mark next to the ‘You are about to cancel your subscription text.
- Below that text, you will see the date your subscription is valid until if you do cancel. If you do not cancel, that date reflects the next billing cycle.
- Next, you have to scroll to the drop-down menu, where you select your reason for canceling. Pick between Crave TV being too expensive, technical issues, you receive Crave through another provider, you don’t have time for Crave, the cancellation is temporary, it does not have recent programming/movies/ content you wish to consume or another reason. The reason for cancellation button provides you with 12 different options to choose from.
- Once you select the reason for cancellation, click on the blue ‘Yes, Cancel’ button on the right side of the screen.
- After you complete the previous step, the website redirects you to a page that informs you your subscription has been canceled and you will no longer receive service after a specific date.
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully canceled Crave TV!
How To Cancel Crave Subscription Through Roku?
A Roku is an all-inclusive, portable streaming device. Crave TV is equipped to operate on a Roku, so if you find the service is no longer working for you, here is how to cancel it.
- Visit https://my.roku.com/account and log in to your account.
- On the home screen, toggle over to the Crave app and push the asterisk button on the Roku remote. The asterisk button is the third button down on the right side of the remote.
- Pushing that button opens a menu with options to move the channel and manage the subscription.
- Click on the third option or the ‘manage subscription’ button.
- Once you click to manage your subscription, Roku will open a new tab asking if you want to cancel your subscription.
- Click the ‘cancel subscription’ button.
- Congratulations! You’ve canceled your Crave subscription through Roku.
- If you wish to cancel your Crave subscription through the Roku website, visit https://www.roku.com/ and sign in with your credentials.
- Click your profile button on the top right of the screen and click the My account option.
- Next click ‘manage subscriptions.’
- Then find the Crave TV subscription and click the purple rectangular box that reads, ‘cancel subscription.’
How To Cancel Crave TV Add-Ons
Crave TV is a video subscription service that partners with other content streaming services and enables add-ons such as HBO MAx or Starz. If you find that you no longer wish to pay for these add-ons, we have a step-by-step guide for you. Keep reading if you want to cancel your Crave TV add-ons.
- Visit https://www.crave.ca/en on your selected device.
- When the website loads, toggle to the profile button. Hover near the white circle and the white sign-in button and click on the text. This is on the top right-hand side of the home screen.
- Input your login credentials, including your username and password, and click sign in under the password bar.
- Once your personal Crave account loads, hover back toward the profile icon you used to sign in.
- In the top right corner of the screen, you will have an arrow under the blue profile icon. Toggle over that icon, and a drop-down menu will pop up. Click on the fourth button below the main text. It reads ‘Manage Account.’
- A new screen pops up with details about your current plan and subscription add-ons.
- On the left-hand side of the screen is a menu with a ‘subscriptions’ button. This is the third option and the second choice under the account button. Click on the subscriptions button, and your subscription details pop up on the right-hand side of the screen.
- A white box with a list of all the add-ons underneath your Crave Plan should be on the screen. Find the add-on you wish to cancel.
- Underneath each add-on is black text that reads when the plan renews and red text that says, ‘cancel add-on.’
- Click on the red text, and a new page will load. The text will tell you you are about to cancel your subscription, and you have to select one of the 12 reasons from the drop-down menu that you wish to cancel your add-on.
- Next, a page pops up telling you that your cancellation worked and you won’t have access to your add-on after the next billing date.
- You can continue to watch Crave after canceling your add-on. Just click the blue, bottom-right button that says, ‘Continue to Crave.’
- If you want to explore your subscription further, click the blue, bottom-left button that reads, ‘subscription details.’
- Congratulations! You’ve canceled your Crave add-ons.
People Also Ask
Can You Cancel a Crave Subscription At Any Time?
Yes. You can cancel a Crave subscription whenever you want, but you will receive service through the end of your next billing date. You will not get a refund if you cancel your service after you’ve been billed for the month. Instead, you will not be charged the following billing date.
Why Can’t I Cancel My Crave Subscription?
If you experience any difficulty canceling your Crave TV subscription, you can contact your provider or Crave TV. You might not be able to cancel Crave TV if you have the service through your cable provider, so you need to talk to them for more information.
Managing subscriptions is no easy feat. You misplace passwords, forget which services you signed up for, and forget which services you actually like. Crave TV is a Canadian-based service that hosts original content and hybrid content from other servers, but if it just isn’t working for you, don’t worry. Now you know how to cancel it!