Table of Contents
If you have subscribed to Shudder and want to cancel it, it is good to know that there are many ways to do it. Whether it is through your iPhone, ick, or Roku, you have many options to easily cancel your Shudder subscription.
Some of you might have even signed up for the 7-day free trial and want to know how you can unsubscribe now. Keep reading to learn the different steps for various platforms and devices that you can use to cancel Shudder.
How To Cancel a Shudder Subscription
Each device and third-party service has slightly varied steps to perform to deactivate your Shudder subscription.
Here, we outline the steps for canceling active subscriptions on different services and devices.
The Typical Way to Cancel Your Subscription
- Open your preferred internet browser and head over to the Shudder website (www.shudder.com).
- Log in to your account using the account login information you used when signing up for a shudder subscription and account.
- Go to “My Account” on the page and select the “Memberships” tab.
- Then, select the “cancel membership” option and confirm the cancellation.
Once you have clicked the confirmation, your subscription will be terminated. Depending on when you cancel your subscription, i.e. right after or before payment is taken out for monthly renewal or during your pre-paid yearly subscription, you’ll receive a refund for the unused subscribed months.
How To Cancel Shudder Through An iPhone
Most people use their phones to shop, sign up for and deactivate subscriptions, and browse the web. If you subscribed to Shudder through iTunes or the Apple store on your iPhone, here’s how to cancel your subscription:
- Once you have unlocked your phone, locate the settings tab in the Shudder app.
- If it is not available there, then open up iTunes or the App Store.
- Tap on your name and sign in with your login info (unless you’re always logged in on your phone).
- Locate the subscriptions tab, and under it, you will find Shudder.
- Select the app and then proceed to tap on the cancel option.
The above steps also apply if you are searching for how to cancel shudder on Apple TV and other iOS devices such as an iPad.
How To Cancel Shudder On FireStick Device?
A few more steps and time is involved in canceling Shudder subscriptions on a FireStick device. If possible, it is best to perform this task from your computer or smartphone or through your Amazon account if you have one linked to your FireStick.
Depending on what version of the FireStick you have, the process may differ between each version of the device. For this, we will go over the FireStick Lite.
- Switch on your FireStick device
- Press the Home button
- Go to the Settings tab and select “Account & Profile Settings”
- Scroll to select “Prime Video”
- Go to subscriptions and select “Manage your Subscriptions”
- Go to the Shudder app on the list and click on “Cancel Subscription”
- Confirm the cancellation
- Click on done and exit the home screen.
Your Shudder subscription will then be canceled on your Firestick device, but you can always resubscribe when you want.
If you have an Amazon account connected to your FireStick or multiple FireSticks, you can cancel your subscription from Amazon’s website or mobile app without having to fiddle with your FireStick device(s) at all.
How To Cancel Shudder On Amazon And Amazon Prime
These steps will also help you cancel Shudder’s 7-day trial as well as the monthly subscription through Amazon. You can cancel your Amazon Shudder subscription as per the following steps. These steps also apply for Amazon UK, Canada, and Prime. Just be sure to be on the right amazon website for your country.
Since the three sites are the same in formatting and layout, the process should be the same for all three.
- Go to the Amazon website or app on your smartphone or tablet devices
- Login into your Amazon account
- Select “Account & Lists”
- Click on the “Memberships & Subscriptions”
- Choose Shudder on the list of your subscriptions
- Select Cancel your subscription
- Confirm to complete the cancellation
You can always renew or restart your subscription through Amazon at a later time when you are ready for seriously scary content at your fingertips.
How To Cancel Shudder On Roku Devices
Devices like Roku require a few more steps to cancel your Shudder subscriptions. If possible, it is best, and faster in many cases, to do it through your computer or smartphone. However, it can be done from the device on your TV too.
- Open the browser
- Open the Roku website
- Sign in with your credentials
- Click on the “My Profile” icon located in the top right corner
- Click on “Manage your Subscriptions”
- Choose Shudder from the list of channels
- Click “Unsubscribe”
- Click on “Yes” to confirm
- Your subscription will be canceled using Roku
Canceling Shudder From PayPal
If you used Paypal’s online banking service to purchase a Shudder subscription, you can also cancel that subscription through them. You can use your mobile app or jump on your computer to cancel any recurring payments and subscriptions, but both processes do differ slightly from each other in layout.
For PayPal’s website on a laptop, you just:
- Log in to your account
- Open up the settings tab
- Click on the “Payments” option
- Look for “Manage automatic payments” and locate the Shudder subscription
- Then click on it to open up a side tab showing the history and information
- Select “Cancel” and follow any further steps required to complete the process
PayPal Mobile App
For the smartphone app, log into your account, and at the bottom of the screen, go to “Payments” and tap on “Bills.” This will show all your pre-approved monthly payments and where you will find your recurring payments to Shudder.
Select the service and scroll to the bottom to find “cancel subscription” in blue and tap it. Follow the prompts to cancel your Shudder subscription, and then you are done.
Cancelling Shudder Via Google Play
Open up your Google Play app and tap on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner of the screen, then tap on “Payments & Subscriptions.” Select subscriptions and tap on Shudder. Select cancel and follow the prompts from the Google play store.
What Is Shudder?
Shudder is a video streaming service that specializes in horror genre movies and shows, making it the perfect platform for horror fans and enthusiasts. You can buy a subscription for around $4.75 a month through a yearly paid subscription of $56.99, or $5.99 on a monthly as-wanted basis if you don’t want an active subscription year-round.
You can purchase a subscription through:
- Google Play
- Even a Samsung Smart TV
Cancelling your subscription can be done through each of these services.
How To Delete Your Shudder Account
If you no longer plan to use Shudder and wish to completely delete your account, these next steps will help you to delete your account permanently. There is no other way to deactivate your Shudder account at this time.
Go to your email that is registered with Shudder and start a new message with [email protected] as the recipient and “Request to delete my account” as the subject. Write out your request with “delete my account and database” in bold font and send it.
Once a Shudder customer support representative receives the email, they will begin the process of deactivating your account.
Once processed, you will receive an email stating that your Shudder account will be or has been deleted. While not stated specifically by Shudder, it is safe to assume that once an account is deleted, there’s no getting it back, and a new account will need to be created to use their services again.
Can I Cancel My Shudder Subscription After The Free Trial?
Yes, you can cancel your Shudder subscription anytime through the steps above from your devices. You cannot, however, delete an account at the moment in the apps for iOS and Android. You must write an email stating you wish for the account to be deleted- this prevents any accidental account deletions.
Is A Shudder Subscription Worth It?
If you’re a horror fanatic, enthusiast, and hard-core fan, then absolutely. New content is added weekly, and there is something for every level of horror fan. From the classics to newer horror films, horror series of every subgenre, and original curated content- Shudder has it all. Some of 2020’s greatest hits in the horror-film industry are Shudder originals.
Shudder even has a live broadcast channel, called Shudder TV, that plays 24/7, in case you’re not sure what to watch- so long as it’s something scary. You can access the channel through a designated desktop website or the Shudder TV tab in mobile apps.
There are many ways you can cancel your Shudder subscription, and we have covered the various steps using different platforms and devices. If you have any further questions or issues canceling the subscription, feel free to contact their support team for help.