Yes, he’s back! The all-new award-winning American crime drama series Dexter: New Blood is back on Showtime. It doesn’t matter if you live in Canada or the U.S.A, you can now watch all the drama as it unfolds in Dexter: New Blood.
You may be wondering, “But how can I watch the latest episodes of Dexter: New Blood in Canada?” Don’t panic. We will tell you how it can be done!
Let’s take a look at some of the ways you can access Dexter Morgan’s best (or bloodiest) moments if you reside in Canada.
Best Places to Watch Dexter New Blood in Canada
The easiest way to watch Dexter: New Blood in Canada is through a subscription with Crave streaming services. Crave offers two subscription packages to their subscribers, and the best part is that you won’t need to install a VPN, as they are a Canadian-based company!
Crave’s Mobile package is designed for subscribers that prefer streaming content on their mobile or PC. This package isn’t limited in terms of content and offers every channel on Crave. The mobile package comes with adverts (ads), though, and is limited to a single user.
This package costs $9.99 per month, or you can save if you pay the annual subscription fee of $99.99.
Crave’s Total package comes with the added bonus of being ad-free and offers the same content as the cheaper Mobile package. In addition, this package allows you the option of watching five simultaneous streams (or, in other words, connecting five devices that can stream simultaneously).
This package also offers offline mode, which means you can watch your saved episodes of Dexter while offline.
The Total package costs $19.99 per month, and new subscribers to Crave are offered a 7-day free trial period. If you don’t think Crave is the streaming site for you, you can cancel within the 7-day period at no additional charge.
Crave is compatible with a wide variety of devices such as Android TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, SmartTVs, Chromecast, Android, and IOS operating devices.
There’s no better place to watch the latest episodes of Dexter: New Blood than through Showtime. Showtime is the exclusive producer of Dexter: New Blood and provides streaming access throughout the U.S.A.
Is it available in Canada, though? Unfortunately, Showtime has geo-blocking restrictions that prevent Canadians from accessing their content or signing up for their services.
However, there is an alternative method available for Canadians to still access all the great content that Showtime has to offer; with the help of a VPN.
You may be wondering what a VPN is. In simple terms, a VPN is an app that hides the true IP address of your network and provides a secure network. The VPN will allow you to connect to a server in another country and therefore unlock content that is geo-restricted.
We will take you through the steps on how you can access Dexter: New Blood on Showtime, and how to sign up for Showtime in Canada:
- Firstly, you will have to download and install a strong VPN on your device. Typically choose a VPN that is recommended and has multiple servers in the U.S.A.
- Once you have installed the VPN, connect your VPN to a server in the U.S.A.
- Depending on which device you want to use to stream Showtime, you will need to change the region on that particular device from Canada to the U.S.A. This can be done under the device’s settings.
- Download the Showtime app from your device’s app store and sign up.
- Open the app on your device and let the streaming begin!
If this method doesn’t work, you may have to use a different server from your VPN. It could be that the known server is blocked by Showtime. In addition, clearing your cache and cookies on your device prior to loading the Showtime app is advised.
3. Apple TV (3rd Gen or Lower)
Canadian fans of the mysterious Dexter: New Blood series will be excited to hear that it’s possible to stream the latest episodes of the series from their Apple TV.
Apple TV offers you the option to stream Dexter: New Blood through the Showtime streaming app. However, the Showtime streaming app is blocked by geo-blockers for Canadian viewers.
The good news is that in order to access content that is geo-blocked on your Apple TV, you must first change the region of your device. The following steps will help you to unlock Showtime on your Apple TV (3rd Gen or lower):
- Log onto your Apple TV and go to the “Settings” menu.
- You will then have to select the iTunes Store.
- On the iTunes store, look for the location submenu.
- There will be an option to choose your preferred iTunes region. You must then select the U.S.A as your preferred region.
- Once your region has been changed, you will have to restart your Apple TV.
You will still need the help of a VPN or DNS to disguise your network’s IP address from the geo-blocker. Unfortunately, Apple TV devices are not compatible with VPNs. You can, however, still hide your IP address using a virtual router or hotspot.
If you own a Windows 10 Device, you can easily set up a hotspot for your Apple TV to connect to by:
- Connecting your Windows device to your router, either by WiFi or through an Ethernet cable. It is advised to use an Ethernet cable as it will improve the speed of your connection.
- Install a VPN on your Windows 10 device.
- Go into your network settings and switch on “Mobile Hotspot.”
- Under the network and internet settings, you will then need to change the adapter options. You will have to right-click on your VPN and select the “Properties” option.
- You will then see a “Sharing” tab at the top of the properties menu. This will allow other devices to connect through your connection.
- Select the new hotspot you have created.
- You will then need to open the VPN app on your device and connect to a U.S.A server.
- Your AppleTV can now connect to the hotspot you have created and you can sign up on Showtime to watch the best of Dexter Morgan in Dexter: New Blood.
4. Apple TV (4th Generation or Newer)
Apple TV has evolved over time and you may now own a newer 4th Generation Apple TV. To access U.S apps like Showtime on your Apple TV in a foreign country, the steps that need to be followed are different from the ones mentioned above for older generation models.
With an Apple TV 4th generation, you are required to have an iTunes account for the country that you would like to stream content from. In this case, it would be the U.S.A.
Here are the steps for changing your region on your 4th Generation Apple TV:
- On your Apple TV, you’ll first have to sign out of your current Canadian iTunes account:
- You can do this by going to the “Settings” option on your Apple TV and selecting the iTunes Store.
- In the iTunes store, go to your Apple ID and select the option to “Sign Out.”
- You will then have to create a new iTunes account in the U.S.A.
- To create a new Apple ID, you must go to the bottom of the iTunes Store and select the U.S.A as the preferred country.
- Find an app that is free on the iTunes Store and select the app.
- You will then be given the option to create a new Apple ID; do so by using a different email address to the one that you have previously used.
- On the payment page, you must select the “None” option.
- Search for a valid U.S billing address on Google, and use it as your billing address.
- You will then be able to log in to your Apple TV with a new user ID.
5. Amazon Fire Stick
Are you tired of struggling to access the latest Dexter: New Blood series in Canada? There is some good news for Canadians (if you own an Amazon Fire Stick); Showtime is available on your Amazon Fire Stick!
In order to access Dexter: New Blood on your Amazon Fire Stick in a different country, there are a few extra steps that you will need to take:
- Go to the Amazon website on your Amazon Fire Stick and log onto your account.
- Locate the “Accounts & Lists” submenu option on the website and click on “Your Accounts and Content.”
- Change the region of your device from Canada to the U.S.A.
- Now that your region has been changed on your Fire Stick, you will have to log out from your Amazon account.
- Sign back into your Amazon account.
- Proceed to download a strong VPN app from the app store.
- Open the VPN app on your device and connect to servers in the U.S.A.
- Once your device is connected to a server in the U.S.A, you can sign up on the Showtime streaming app.
Once you have a Showtime account, the streaming of Dexter: New Blood episodes can begin!
Hulu streaming services are currently only available in the U.S.A and Japan, but Canadians can access this platform by using a VPN and a few other techniques.
Hulu offers an additional Showtime option that allows their viewers to watch their favorites, such as Dexter: New Blood, for an added cost of $10.99 per month.
Although the options are slightly limited, here is how you can make use of the Hulu platform if you reside in Canada:
- You can access a Hulu account using a U.S virtual prepaid card. To do this, you will need to register with a U.S virtual prepaid credit card service. Fill in your credentials and load some funds using Paypal or Mastercard.
- Install a VPN on your device and connect it to a U.S server, then go to your device’s app store and sign up for Hulu using your U.S virtual credit card.
Once you have an account, you have full access to Hulu’s content, including the series Dexter: New Blood.
Hulu is compatible with most devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, SmartTVs, Android, and IOS operating devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Dexter: New Blood on Netflix?
No, unfortunately, Dexter: New Blood is not available on Netflix.
Is Showtime Free with Amazon Prime?
Showtime is not free with Amazon Prime. Showtime is available on Prime Video at an additional cost of $10.99 per month. Showtime does, however, offer a free 7-day trial period for new subscribers with Amazon Prime.
Although you can access Dexter: New Blood in Canada through Showtime, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, and Hulu, our recommendation is the Crave streaming app. It offers the most affordable option of only $9.99 per month and allows you to steam the latest Dexter: New Blood episodes, as well as much more.