“Flint Town” tells the personal stories of police officers and locals, shedding light on the more significant socioeconomic issues and systemic problems that the city faces. The series examines the challenges of being a police officer in a divided community with few resources.
Find out where you can watch “Flint Town” and learn how the police officers of Flint handle these issues despite the community’s lack of resources and support.
Table of Contents
What is Flint Town About?
“Flint Town” follows the lives of the police officers as they try to maintain law and order in a city plagued by high crime rates and limited resources. It explores the personal and professional struggles faced by the officers and the impact of the city’s financial struggles on the police department’s ability to serve the community effectively.
“Flint Town” also delves into the water crisis that occurred in Flint, where the city’s water supply was contaminated with lead. The series examines the aftermath of the situation and its effects on the community, including the strain it puts on the police department as they deal with the consequences of the crisis on top of their regular duties.
The documentary series started streaming on Netflix in 2018.
Who Are in the Cast and Production of Flint Town?
“Flint Town” was directed by Zackary Canepari, Jessica Dimmock, and Drea Cooper. Each director brought their unique perspective and expertise to capture the various aspects of life in Flint and the challenges faced by the community and law enforcement. While there are no traditional cast members, the series showcases multiple police officers and individuals involved in law enforcement, community activism, and city governance. The appearances of “Flint Town” includes:
- Timothy Johnson is the Former Chief of Police of the Flint Police Department
- Bridgette Balasko is the Police Officer of the Flint town
- Robert Frost was the Police Officer of the Flint town
- Dion Reed is the Police Officer of the Flint town
- Gerald Patrickas is the Police Officer of the Flint town
- Donald Harrisas is the Police Officer of the Flint town
- Tanya Meeks as the Flint City Councilwoman
- Karen Weaver is the Former Mayor of Flint
- Lorena Flores is the Resident and community activist
What is the Rating for Flint Town?
“Flint Town” is rated TV-MA in Canada, which means that the show is appropriate for mature audiences only due to mild to moderate depictions of language, nudity, and sexual content.
How Many People Watch Flint Town?
After its March 2018 release, “Flint Town” quickly became a critical and commercial success. Critics and viewers alike found the film captivating thanks to its intriguing subject matter and up-close look at the Flint Police Department.
How Are The Reviews for Flint Town?
Critics’ responses to “Flint Town” are generally positive. Viewers found the show enlightening about a community’s issues and how to handle them. The documentary scored 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, 83/100 on Metacritic, and 7.8/10 on IMDb. See what critics say about “Flint Town”:
- “Flint is a timebomb, and Flint Town is an impressively crafted tick-tock of things going wrong with a place, one after another,” says Adam Graham of The Detroit News”
- “What the filmmakers show is all worth a look, and maybe a second one. (Residents get a say, too; note the inevitable, but never unwelcome, black barbershop scene.) It opens you up to different, conflicting points of view–or at least reminds you that they exist–which is just what you want from such a series,” says Robert Lloyd of the Los Angeles Times.
Where To Watch Flint Town?
You can watch “Flint Town” on streaming services in Canada.
Is Flint Town Available on Streaming?
“Flint Town” is exclusively available on Netflix. To watch the show on the platform, sign up for an account and avail of any of the following subscription plans of your choice:
|Number Of Simultaneous Screens
|Basic with ads
With a Netflix subscription, you can stream series and movies on various devices, including smartphones, smart TVs, PCs, laptops, tablets, game consoles, and web players like Chromecast and Roku. You can also download Netflix’s content to your device for when you want to stream offline.
Is Flint Town available on VOD?
“Flint Town” is not available on any video-on-demand services in Canada.
Is Flint Town on Cable or Free TV?
“Flint Town” does not air on cable channels or free-to-air televisions in Canada.
Should I Use a VPN to Watch Flint Town?
There is no need to use a VPN service since “Flint Town” is readily available on Netflix Canada.
Make A Difference
Despite the challenges, “Flint Town” showcases the resilience and determination of the residents of Flint. Viewers can witness community activism, rebuilding efforts, and individuals coming together to make a positive difference in their city. Viewers can better understand the complex issues at play and the community’s resilience.
You can watch all the “Flint Town” episodes on Netflix Canada.