Disclosure: Tech Daily is reader-supported. If you click-through, make a purchase or sign up for a service through our links, we may earn a commission or fee (at no cost to you). Learn more.
The long awaited desire to have a simple app to send and receive money instantly, has finally come to fruition with the launch of the Wealthsimple Cash App!
(Current Promo: $10 Cash Bonus)
With many firsts in the Canadian fintech space, Wealthsimple now lets you effortlessly complete peer to peer transfers.
While an invite only beta opened at the end of last year, the beta is now available to anyone.
For those familiar with the ever popular Venmo or Cash App by Square, the Wealthsimple Cash App is essentially the same.
- Send and receive money instantly
- Deposit up to $500 with a single deposit instantly using your Visa Debit card
- No Fees
- Canada to Canada
- Available for iOS and Android
- Visa Debit limit: $500 per deposit to $5,000 per month maximum
- Bank Account limit: $5,000 per day to a maximum of $10,000 per week or $20,000 per month
You can now set up your Wealthsimple Cash account and deposit up to $500 instantly using your Visa Debit card.
Supported institutions are TD, RBC, CIBC, Scotia, Tangerine and ATB.
There were also a number of other features Wealthsimple had announced last year pre-COVID as part of their Cash offering, however they’ve had to repriortize the rollout.
As the year progresses, we should see features such as a Cash Card and ATM Cash Withdrawals, Digital Card, Direct Deposits, Bill Payments and Pre-authorized debit to name a few.
How Do I Send Money With Wealthsimple Cash
Wealthsimple Cash makes it extremely easy to send and receive cash at with a few swipes on your phone. To get started with the app, follow these steps:
- Download the Wealthsimple Cash app from the Google Play or Apple App Store
- Sign up with your email and setup your account
- Deposit your desired amount of money
- Click on your contacts name to send or request money!
Wealthsimple Cash Promotions
Since Wealthsimple Cash is a relatively new offering, they are constantly updating their promotions to encourage more users to signup.
Some current offers include:
- $10 Free Cash Upon Sign Up (Exclusive Offer Through Tech Daily)
- 5% cash back on purchases made with your Cash Card. This promotion is available every weekend from Friday to Sunday and only applies to food and restaurant purchases as defined by Visa’s merchant category codes.
- Earn 1% cash back on all purchases made with your cash card, learn more here
What is the Wealthsimple Cash Card
The Wealthsimple Cash Card was recently released and it allows you to spend funds that are in your Cash account.
The card leverages Visa’s payment technology and can be used at any merchant that accepts Visa.
Wealthsimple Cash Card Fees
The Wealthsimple Cash Card does not charge any foreign exchange fees or declined transaction fees.
If you make purchases in another currency you will be subject to a currency conversion fee charged by Visa.
Additionally, if you use your card to withdraw money from an ATM you will have to pay an ATM withdrawal fee.
The cash card spending limits are as follows:
|Per Transaction||Per Day|
|Max Spending Limit||$10,000||$10,000|
You can obtain refunds on purchases made with your Cash card directly to your account.
All refunds are handled by the merchant you request a refund from and will appear in your account within 5-7 business days.